Friday 18 November 2011

Mr Langley, our maths might help you!

Dear Mr Langley,

We've been working on a problem that Mrs Cole set us linked to this geocache which we believe you haven't yet found. We've been investigating the maths involved and have written some messages for you following your visit to Portugal to drop our Travel Bug using the same idea as this cache.

Here they are. If you need any clues, we've left you some links to tips at the bottom :-)


Warning: This link contains spoilers!!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Year 5,

    Even after I have looked at the spoilers I still don't get it! I have asked some of my friends on Twitter to help me solve it. Some people would call it cheating but sometimes 3 heads are better than 1. I'm hoping I'll have found the geocache by Sunday.

    All the best,

    Mr Langley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Year 5,

    A man called Ross Mannell who lives in Australia has helped me possibly solve the problem and work out the GC co-ordinates. I would NEVER have worked them out without help. I will hopefully solve it by tomorrow night.

    Kind regards,

    Mr Langley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Year 5,

    I am going to try and grab the geocache tomorrow. My colleague @stevedale worked out the co-ordinates for me because I'm not very patient at puddles and he's a very clever man.

    Wish me luck,

    Mr Langley

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When you finally crack the code, you will be amazed!" said Megan in an unusual voice.

    "If you get chance, can you take a picture of the cache like you did last time? (And maybe to prove you actually found it!)" giggled Lauren cheekily.

    "Despite me thinking you wouldn't break the code, we're glad you still managed to... even if it was with a bit of help!" said Caitlin and Alisha in delight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Year 5 all say, "Good Luck Mr Langley!"

    ReplyDelete